Physical Activity Important for Healthy Lifestyle in Reseda, California
The human body hasn’t changed much in the last 100,000 years. The body’s metabolism, digestive system, and sleep cycle are all relatively indistinguishable from their original configuration. Therefore, the body still stores fat to prepare for periods of starvation, and it craves sugar in preparation for the bursts of energy needed to hunt down a wooly mammoth or another megafauna.
Now, the sedentary lifestyle humans spend each day in front of televisions and computer screens causes a buildup of these chemicals. Taking this information into consideration, you can see that physical activity is important for a healthy lifestyle in Reseda, California.
If you prioritize exercise, a myriad of health problems will start to dissipate. Your appetite will lessen, and your metabolism will become more rapid. Your posture will improve due to more core strength. Your breathing will become more profound and steady.
Your bladder control will strengthen, leading to fewer bathroom breaks. These significant improvements demonstrate why physical activity is important for a healthy lifestyle in Reseda, California.
Summary of Why Physical Activity is Important for a Healthy Lifestyle in Reseda, California
If you start with 30 minutes of exercise a day, you may:
- Reduce your chances of stroke or heart attack;
- Control your weight better;
- Lower your blood cholesterol levels;
- Lower your chances of developing Type 2 diabetes and many forms of cancer;
- Regulate your blood pressure;
- Strengthen your bones and muscles;
- Experience faster recuperation;
- Energize yourself and improve your sleep patterns; and
- Decrease your risk of falling.
These are just a few of the incredible benefits supporting physical activity that are important for a healthy lifestyle in Reseda, California.
What You Can Do to Increase Your Activity Levels
Now that you’ve realized that physical activity is important for a healthy lifestyle in Reseda, California, here are some suggestions on ways to gradually increase the amount of exercise you do.
“Dr. G is the best. I can’t compliment him enough. He has helped me and several friends over the past few years. Each and every time somebody is hurt or not feeling good we stop by Dr. G first!”
- Begin by aiming for around 30 minutes of some type of physical activity every day. Head on down to Big 5 Sporting Goods Store at 19403 Victory Blvd, Reseda, and check out their wide range of sporting goods. You are sure to find inspiration. If you are new to the whole exercise game, start by walking around the block with a comfortable pair of trainers.
- When you have conquered 30 minutes of the mild-exercise-mountain, it’s time to supplement your physical activity regimen with some higher energy action. Make your way to Fit Squad LA Studio at 7131 Reseda Blvd, Reseda, for a training session. Being around other healthy people is inspirational.
- You’re on the right track to regaining control over your fitness level. Physical activity is important for a healthy lifestyle in Reseda, California. Taking the first step is vital. Now try to limit the amount of time you spend sitting down in the future. If it’s your job to sit in front of a screen, minimize the damage by taking regular breaks to stretch out and walk around.
A Healthy Mind: Why Physical Activity Is Important for a Healthy Lifestyle in Reseda, California
There is a lot of scientific evidence that exercise helps fight depression. When you are strolling down a hiking trail in the wilderness or surrounded by other folks at the gym, it leaves you no time to get dragged down by negative thoughts or emotions. When you are social at the gym or taking snaps of nature on a hike, there’s no time to look inwards when there’s so much happening outwards.
Another reason why physical activity is important for a healthy lifestyle in Reseda, California, is that it elevates mood and improves your sleep patterns. There’s nothing as good as the feeling of your head hitting the pillow after a tiring walk or gym session. De-stressing chemicals such as serotonin and endorphins flood your body when you elevate your heart rate with exercise.
Guidelines Before Doing the Physical Activity Important for a Healthy Lifestyle in Reseda, California
Don’t be discouraged if you can only do a few minutes exercise each day; any exercise is better than none. If you believe you have let things slide, then draw a line in the sand today, and start some physical activity now. Hide the remotes, the car keys, and the gaming console, and get active.
Gardening, house cleaning, and pool maintenance are good ways to move around more. Physical activity is important for a healthy lifestyle in Reseda, California, and it is easier to do than you think.
Before You Start a Dedicated Exercise Regimen, See Your Doctor First
We love the fact that you know physical activity is important for a healthy lifestyle in Reseda, California, but we also want your body to be ready for the changes this brings. If you desire the ability to branch out into regular exercise beyond your workplace, household, and nature walking activities, then it is advisable to see your doctor first for clearance.
Your doctor will be happy to hear you want to do physical activity important for a healthy lifestyle in Reseda, California. But they will want to check your exercise program before you start, especially if:
- You are over 45 years of age;
- You get chest pains, shortness of breath, or dizziness during or after exercise;
- You feel faint or lightheaded;
- You are prone to exercise-induced asthma;
- You have a history of heart disease in your family;
- You think you might have heart problems; or
- You are pregnant.
Since physical activity is important for a healthy lifestyle in Reseda, California, get a thorough pre-exercise screening at the doctor’s office to identify any possible undiagnosed medical conditions. Your general practitioner is the best person to give you the all-clear before you start an exercise program. Your doctor knows that your health is your most precious asset, and you should only entrust it to qualified professionals in Reseda. The first step on the road to health, happiness, and wellness is a physical activity program approved by your doctor.