It is feasible that the primary title of the record Machado-Joseph Disease is not the name you anticipated. Kindly examine the words noting to locate the alternative name(s) as well as condition neighborhood(s) covered by this record.
- Autosomal Dominant Spinocerebellar Degeneration
- Azorean Neurologic Disease
- Machado Disease
- Joseph Disease
- Nigrospinodentatal Degeneration
- Striatonigral Degeneration, Autosomal Dominant Type
- Spinocerebellar Ataxia Type III (SCA 3)
- Condition Subdivisions
- Machado-Joseph Disease Type I (MJD-I)
- Machado-Joseph Disease Type II (MJD-II)
- Machado-Joseph Disease Type III (MJD-III)
Machado-Joseph Disease (MJD-III), likewise called spinocerebellar ataxia kind III, is an uncommon, acquired, ataxia (absence of muscle control) influencing the main nerves as well as identified by the slow-moving deterioration of certain locations of the mind called the hindbrain. People with MJD could at some point end up being paralyzed and/or incapacitated however their intelligence stays undamaged. The beginning of signs and symptoms of MJD differs from very early teenagers to late their adult years.
3 types of Machado-Joseph Disease are acknowledged: Types MJD-I, MJD-II, and also MJD-III. The distinctions in the sorts of MJD connect to the age of start as well as intensity. Earlier start normally creates a lot more serious signs.