Belching after eating, acid indigestion, chronic coughing and heartburn, are some of the symptoms you may experience if you suffer from acid reflux, almost 7 million people in the United States, suffer from this condition, and this is a daily battle.
It is important to treat this condition at the earliest stages before it ca turn into a more serious matter.
There are so many ways to treat acid reflux, most of them are so very simple, but it is important to make some changes or adjustments to your lifestyle habits.
• Stop smoking
• Wait at least 3 hours after eating before lying down
• Lose excess weight
• Avoid coffee and alcohol
• Eat frequent meals but in a smaller portion
• No exercise after eating
Other treatments include
• Over-the-counter medicine
• Avoid chocolate, peppermint and mint
• No spicy, acidic foods, like tomato-based foods, fruit juices and/or citric foods
• Raise your head of your bed 5 to 6 inches
• Avoid greasy or fried foods